Wakatere is a busy and active centreboard dinghy sailing club and is fortunate to have a healthy membership across a wide range of ages and sailing classes. This mix of juniors and seniors is special. With a great community base, a family environment and a superb location, we warmly welcome all new members.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Easy access to great sailing waters
- Regular club racing from September - May
- Diverse senior & junior classes
- Strong race management team
- No entry fee to club racing for members
- Coaching programmes (junior & youth)
- Learn to sail programmes (junior, youth & adult)
- Well maintained club rooms and facilities
- Boat storage for active club members. A waiting list is held.
- Opportunities to upskill in support areas (boat safety, tractor driving, first aid etc)
- Affiliation to YNZ & AYBA with associated discounts and benefits
- Discounted rates for venue hire bookings (off peak / non business related)
Boats are privately owned with the exception of a small number of Opti and Fevas used for Learn to Sail courses.
HOW TO JOIN
For new membership, please download and complete this Membership Application -
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Wakatere membership requires a commitment to club competition and helping on race days.
All members will be added to a duty roster at some point during the season for afternoon club racing. For juniors, a parent is expected to complete the roster on their behalf.
Members must recognise the club by entering regattas as a Wakatere Boating Club member.
Club membership is required to participate in all coaching programmes. Bookings are only accessible to club members.
2019 - 2020 CATEGORIES & FEES
Junior - $180 (18yrs or under)
Senior - $285
Family 2 (2 family club members) - $340
Family 3 (3 or more family club members) - $370
Tertiary Student - $95 (full time 18-24yrs)
Associate (non sailing) - $85
We do not offer pro rata fees.
Membership is an annual subscription and runs from 1st September - 31st August each year.
Membership includes affiliation to both Yachting New Zealand and the Auckland Yacht & Boating Association. Membership to a club affiliated to YNZ is required for entry to all national and major regattas in NZ.
Members will receive a YNZ Members Card as proof of membership and be able to access the YNZ app on smartphones. YNZ affiliation comes with a variety of benefits and discounts. See link below.
YNZ Members cards are posted once a year, immediately following the confirmation to YNZ of our new season membership. For anyone joining Wakatere later in the season, please contact Wakatere if a card is required for regatta entry.
Membership: email Amanda Michel at email@example.com
Last updated 03:25 on 17 September 2019