Health & Safety
Operational Rules for Members during Covid-19 Level 1
There are no social distancing rules at Alert Level 1 but please continue to pay particular attention to hygiene, use the sanitising stations at the club and DO NOT come to the Club if you feel unwell for any reason.
As a club member, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that any of your actions or inactions do not cause harm or injury to you or anyone else.
Personal flotation devices (PFDs) must be worn by everyone afloat. This includes coaches, sailors & parents in club patrol boats.
No one under the age of 15 yrs may be in control of a Wakatere club patrol boat, this applies whether there is an adult present or not. The skipper should have completed a certified Rescue Patrol Boat course or be a Wakatere approved skipper.
For the launching & recovery of club patrol boats - centre console and larger boats must use the public vehicle access ramp (south/east of the club). Smaller tiller steers may use the central beach ramp.
Only persons given familiarisation training of the tractor are allowed to operate this equipment and they must be a club member. Formal training is organised by our Safety Officer.
The tractor may never use the central beach ramp. It must only operate on the public vehicle ramp.
Wakatere Safety Officer: Greg Lee +64 21 756105
Wakatere safety standards:
NZ safety standards:
- Maritime NZ Recreational Safety Guidelines
- Auckland Harbour Master Rules & Regulations
- Yachting New Zealand Safety Regulations
- Coastguard NZ Life Jacket Code
Local Emergency Services:
- Ambulance, Police, Fire: phone 111
- Auckland Civil Defence: 0800 222 200
- Coastguard *500 from a mobile phone
- Harbour Master: 0800 80 60 40 or 362 0397 (Ext 0)
- Devonport Fire Station: (09) 445 2297
- Takapuna Police Station: (09) 488 6200
- Auckland Council Hotline: (09) 301 0101
- VHF Channel 16
- Radio Handbook
- Website ABOUT WATER SAFETY.pdf
- Website ABOUT FIRST AID.pdf
- Website ABOUT CAR PARKING.pdf
- Website ABOUT BEACH TRAILERS.pdf
- Website ABOUT VHF RADIOS.pdf
Last updated 22:16 on 5 August 2020