Wakatere is a busy and active centreboard dinghy sailing club and is fortunate to have a healthy membership across a wide range of ages and sailing classes. This mix of juniors and seniors is special. With a great community base, a family environment and a superb location, we warmly welcome all new members.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Regular club racing from September - May with strong race management afloat and ashore
- Coaching programmes (junior & youth), learn to sail programmes (juniors, youth & adults). Boats provided for LTS
- Opportunities for club members to upskill in support areas (patrol boat safety, tractor driving, first aid etc)
- Support for regatta attendance
- Occasions to integrate senior and junior club member sailing
- Ongoing communication from Class Reps and the General Committee
- Locker facilities for boat storage for active club members. A waiting list is held.
- Well maintained club rooms and facilities
- Website login to a personal profile page to renew membership, make bookings and settle invoices online
- Social events such as our Christmas Party, Club Picnic Day and Prize-giving
- Affiliation to YNZ with associated discounts and benefits. See below.
- Discounted rates for venue hire bookings. Off-peak season or mid-week at the venue hire manager's discretion. Private functions only.
HOW TO JOIN
Download and complete the Membership Application and return by email
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Wakatere membership requires a commitment to club competition and helping on race days throughout the season.
Members (or parents of junior members) will be added to a duty roster at some point during the season for afternoon club racing.
Members must recognise the club by entering regattas as a Wakatere Boating Club member.
Club membership is required to participate in all coaching programmes. Bookings are only accessible to club members.
Membership is an annual subscription and runs from 30th Sept - 30th Sept each year.
2017-18 CATEGORIES & FEES
Junior - $165 (18yrs or under)
Senior - $260
Family 2 (2 family club members) - $310
Family 3 (3 or more family club members) - $340
Tertiary Student - $95 (full time 18-24yrs)
Associate (non sailing) - $85
We do not offer pro rata fees
Membership includes affiliation to both Yachting New Zealand and the Auckland Yacht & Boating Association. Membership to a club affiliated to YNZ is required for entry to all national and major regattas in NZ.
Members will receive a YNZ Members Card as proof of membership and be able to access the YNZ app on smartphones. YNZ affiliation comes with a variety of benefits and discounts. See link below.
YNZ Members cards are posted once a year, immediately following the confirmation to YNZ of our new season membership. For anyone joining Wakatere later in the season, please contact Wakatere if a card is required for regatta entry.
For any questions about Membership, email Amanda Michel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 03:05 on 28 February 2018